Sunday, March 11, 2012

Upcoming videos from my Music History class

As some of you already  know, I am currently self-studying for my last music history exam through the Royal Conservatory of Music. I am very excited about this course - so far, it has been fantastic! I'm learning about composers in the Romantic era (Liszt, Smetana, Tchaikovsy and Mendelssohn), as well as 20th century composers.

The last two music history courses that I took seemed a little drier, but now that there are so many recordings of the material on youtube, I am having a wonderful time studying.

I've started to collect quality youtube recordings of the pieces that I am studying. I suddenly realized that there is no better place to keep them than here, on the studio blog, so that you can see them too!

To help my studying and also so that you have a bit of a road map to use as you are listening to these pieces, I have included the times at which important parts of the music happen - it is always more interesting to listen to a big piece if you have some idea of what is going on!

My next post will include the four videos that I have been currently studying - but there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment